About the Event Healing Path Forward Accord – Renewing the PBM MOU
The Assembly of First Nations is hosting Virtual Engagement Sessions to discuss the renewal of the Permanent Bilateral Mechanism (PBM) between the AFN and Canada. It is also known as the AFN-Canada Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The PBM/MOU aims to advance joint priorities between the AFN and Canada.
*All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST)
March 15th • 12 p.m. (EST)
March 15th • 3 p.m. (EST)
March 16th • 11 a.m. (EST)
March 16th • 1 p.m. (EST)
March 17th • 1p.m. (EST)
Newfoundland/PEI/Nova Scotia/New Brunswick
March 17th • 10 a.m. (EST)
March 20th • 1 p.m. (EST)
How to Attend Find out how to register, how to get there, and where to stay.
Registration is open here. The objectives of the sessions are to:
- Provide an overview of Resolution 1/2022 Renewed Framework Providing Strategic Direction and Action Toward Evolutionary & Positive Change.
- Provide background and challenges of the current PBM MOU;
- Provide an overview of the Healing Path Forward Accord;
- Engage in dialogue on the 3 components to the Healing Path Forward Accord framework and gather input and feedback from each region;
- Answer questions that Chiefs may have about the current PBM/MOU and support dialogue and discussion on First Nations’ priorities and concerns for implementation of the Healing Path Forward Accord;
- Discuss next steps.