A few of the many topics on the agenda include:
- Cultural activities for healing and wellness.
- Strengthening the healers: workforce wellness with workforce leaders and experts.
- Expert panel on the continuation of the Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Support Program (IRS RHSP).
- The brain, decolonization, and healing through culture.
Who should attend the National Wellness Gathering for Indian Residential School Survivors?
- First Nations Survivors of IRS and their families.
- Members of the IRS RHSP workforce.
- Knowledge Keepers.
- First Nations Chiefs or their representatives in the health and wellness sectors.
- First Nations organizations and technicians working or interested in First Nations mental wellness.
- Industry academia and other non-governmental entities involved in First Nations mental wellness.
- Federal, Provincial, and Territorial Government representatives.
We are working to create a warm and welcoming environment for the IRS Survivors and IRS Workforce members and respectfully request attendees to prioritize seating in the Grand Ballroom room for IRS Survivors and IRS Workforce members.
We invite all others to join from the live viewing room. It is important for us to ensure that our event is safe and accessible for all our registered participants and that we comply with venue capacity.
Due to the capacity of the venue, registration and waitlist for registration are closed.
We appreciate your interest in this very important gathering, and we recognize the complex and multilayered components of this file and are assessing viable options of future gatherings moving forward.
Register for the National Wellness Gathering for Indian Residential School Survivors on February 13-15, 2024, at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre.
- Residential School Survivor
- IRS Workforce Member
- Knowledge Keeper (Elder)
- Youth – Complimentary
- Chief – Complimentary
- Technician to a First Nation
- First Nation Delegate
- Government Representative
- Non-Governmental Organization
- Other Delegate
All participants are encouraged to pre-register. See below steps to register:
- Register online at www.afn.ca. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Download and complete the registration form from the link below and FAX it to Tash Cote at 613-241-5808 or send by email to [email protected].
Please reach out if you require accessibility accommodations. Note: this can be completed during the registration process.
Hotel: Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
Deadline to book: January 19th
If you need assistance registering online, please email AFN’s Registration Coordinator, Tash Cote.
For information on the dialogue sessions, please email [email protected].